Monday, January 2, 2023

Ginter: Minis in Size, Not Significance

Let's ring in the New Year with a trio of cards featuring a pair of all-time legends on my favorite modern set: Allen & Ginter.


All three cards were free -- or I might have pulled two -- if memory serves and $8 a pop was too good a deal to pass up. First up is this beautiful 2012 A&G Mini of Babe Ruth that pulled a grade of 10. It's the Gold parallel and is POP 2, with those two the only ones subbed so far over a decade. The follow-through pose is classic and while I'm not sold on the Gold design, it works for George Herman.


Coming in second is a PSA 8 Black-bordered mini of the incomparable Jackie Robinson. Hailing from the 2013 offering of Ginter, I dig the prominent Brooklyn B and batting photo of Jackie Topps went with.


Our third and final mini is out of 2018 TA&G. I was pumped to see it also got a 10 and I love love love the simple portrait of Robinson....but I don't love the incorrectly-spec'd card. It's a Ginter back that PSA did not label as such. Correction process, here I come! This will end up being a POP 2 as well.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, your PSA collection is the only collection I envy. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to make a fella blush lol....appreciate the kind words!

      Delete