Monday, February 6, 2023

Clemente 1,300th Hit Stub, PSA 5!

Here's a really cool ticket stub I stumbled across on eBay that did not break the bank and was slabbed for the lowest-available price while I still worked at PSA. I sometimes think of what could have been if the Dodgers had not lost Roberto Clemente in the Rule 5 Draft. Greatness, that's what.


Despite Roberto never suiting up in the bigs for the Blue Crew I still enjoy collecting his stuff when the opportunity presents itself. I think this ticket stub was like $20 on eBay and it came back from PSA as a solid 5. Clemente recorded career knock number 1,300 in the June 1963 victory over the Cubbies.

Clemente finished the game with two hits and one RBI -- Ernie Banks had a hit, Ron Santo had three hits, and Bob Friend threw a complete game shutout.

No comments:

Post a Comment