Monday, May 15, 2023

Patience Sucks, But It Pays Off: 2 Extremely Tough Archer Sketch Cards From Art Director Chad Hurd!

A collection must I thought I might never see materialized and was secured in a matter of days last week after a nearly decade long pursuit. My long quest to secure a sketch card from every artist to contribute to the Cryptozoic Archer release has been winding down but has stalled on a handful of creatives, including the four absolute toughest people. I've been diligently on the hunt but these four only produced about a dozen sketches each.


Certain Archer collectors have as many as 9 of a few of these men and women, so I had nearly given up on finding any in the wild. However, I persevered and turned over all stones looking for the last few want list needs. And lo and behold! I reached out to Chad Hurd, one of the mainstays behind the scenes of my favorite show. Chad has worn many hats for the production squad since the pilot, including Character Designer; Illustrator; Producer; Associate Art Director; and Art Director.


Chad said he would check and quickly dug out these two tremendous stunners! I did not want to risk losing out on these so I made him a fair offer, more money than I have ever spent on one of these beautiful pieces of Archer art. To my pure delight he accepted my offer and these arrived on my doorstep about an hour ago from the literal moment I am typing these words.


What better characters to get than Sterling Archer and Lana Kane! I will always take a Krieger though, as he's my favorite on the show by far. The fact that these are both Artist Proofs just adds to the jubilation I am feeling. To have started a dialogue with an Archer luminary and essential cog like Chad...well, that is just the sweet sweet icing on the bear claw cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment