Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Zack Wheat Knew An Actual Killer, Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon Style

I'm back at it on Wheat Wednesday with another Spalding Baseball Guide page to add to my beloved Zack Wheat PC. Today's page comes out of a 1910 guide and features four Brooklyn boys from the 1910 squad. That makes me think it could actually be from 1911.


As always, the photo Spalding used comes from the incomparable Charles Conlon. The most notable player Wheat is joined by is Bill Bergen, noted brother of another major league catcher who was also an axe murderer.


And here's the text-plentiful back....

2 comments:

  1. I knew right where you were going with this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any chance I get to mention the Bergen family history, I have to! It's just too crazy of a story!

      Delete