Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Notes From Tuesday's Game (EDIT)

  1. Can we acquire Troy Tulowitzki? I'm willing to do terrible things. Utterly terrible.
  2. Clayton Kershaw was very good through 6.1 IP (4 Hits, 2 ER, 6 K, 1 BB, 1 WP, 1 HR Allowed, 104 pitches - 68 for strikes). I agree with Torre taking him out because of the pitch count.
  3. I don't agree with Torre only letting Ramon Troncoso pitch one inning - I would have sent him out for the 10th, though when he made the move, I was hoping it would be McDonald.
  4. McDonald did make the fielding mistake, but Loney probably should have held onto that throw.
  5. I would have pinch-hit Abreu over Loretta.
  6. Matt Kemp stole his 27th base.
  7. Casey Blake hit his 16th HR.
  8. Andre Ethier reached base 4 times (Double, 2 Singles, BB), Manny reached 3 times (2 Singles, IBB), and Blake reached 3 times (HR, Single, IBB).
  9. Rafael Furcal really needs to be moved down in the order. I was supportive of Torre keeping him atop it, but at this point some time batting 8th really couldn't hurt. I'd let Martin lead-off, what with getting on-base actually being an important pre-cursor to scoring runs.
  10. Bullpen: 3 IP, 6 Hits, 3 Runs (All Earned), 3 BB (1 IBB), 3 K.

EDIT: Didn't realize who was coming up in the 10th, was made aware from multiple other places they were all lefties. Still happy it was McDonald over the other right-handed options (I would have let the big man rest one more day) but yeah, Torre should have brought in this lefty.

No comments:

Post a Comment