Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Poppin' The Proverbial Cherry

A little background on myself. I'm a lifelong Dodgers fan, and love talking about them, baseball, and sports in general. Blogging is new to me, with my only experience coming from a couple of comments I recently posted on Memories of Kevin Malone, the best Dodgers blog around.



The blog's name comes from my utter dislike, to put it mildly, of columnist and noted blowhard Bill Plaschke (pictured above in his natural state). He wears argyle on Around the Horn, and this photoshopped picture of him from Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness always makes me laugh. Combine the two, and you get Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle.

The first few posts will certainly be raw, as I learn how to link videos, other websites, and include photos. The website itself will probably also change a bit as I learn how to edit the layout and things of that nature.

The bloggers I admire most and hope to be as successful as are Kensai from the aforementioned Memories of Kevin Malone, and the guys from the now defunct (unfortunately) Fire Joe Morgan.

Any and all suggestions are welcome, from articles you find to things you hear concerning the Dodgers.

I hope you enjoy the blog, and whether you agree with my opinions or not, you see them as reasonable and based on logic (not a gut feeling or the old-school baseball mentality that oftentimes annoys the hell out of me), and walk away wanting to come back to the blog and see what I've got to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment