Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Luis Ayala, Casey Blake, and Carlos Santana

Luis Ayala, another of Ned Colletti's "depth" signings (I'll tread lightly and kindly and stick with depth) has exercised an out clause in his minor league deal, reports Dylan Hernandez via the increasingly-takes-up-my-time Twitter these young kids all have now*. If the club doesn't add Ayala to the 25-man roster by Monday, he's a free man.

Ordinarily this would scare me to death, because Ayala is a veteran and the Dodgers seem scared to lose anyone, no matter how awful or replaceable they are. However, I think it's safe to say Ayala will be gone by Monday night's deadline.

I wrote the above on Sunday, and it's now Tuesday morning. So I think it's safe to assume he's been let go of. Thank god for that.

*My buddy's 9-year-old step-brother has an iPad, iPhone, Facebook, and Twitter. Apocalypse, much?*

--------------------------------------------

This post on Casey Blake from Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness immediately made me think of Carlos Santana (oh how much I miss him), which then lead me to this song I very much enjoy. I hope you do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment