Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Trade With Community Gum: Manny Swatch, Joy Of A Completed Set, PC Additions, and A Ducks Contest Auto

I completed a trade with one half of the Community Gum team. I saw that Jon collects Greg Maddux, and picked up a relic of the future Hall of Famer. My original hope was to use it as part of a package for a Jay Bruce auto, but Jon decided to hold on to that card (by the way, if you ever do decide to move it, hit me up!). Though the Bruce eluded me, I was able to pick up a nice Manny Ramirez jersey relic in its place.


This is one of those franken-relics. It pictures Manny as a member of the Red Sox, but lists his team as the Dodgers. I'm assuming the white swatch is from his Dodgers home uniform. Either way, I love Spectrum Swatches. Upper Deck did right with that product.

Jon sent along one card for each of my three main PCs.




Next, he sent me the final two cards I needed to complete my 2010 Allen & Ginter Base Set, SPs included.



A big thanks to Jon for finishing 2010 Ginter for me, and many thanks to every person who sent me cards from this beautiful set. It's my first completed Ginter set, and hopefully my first of many, many more.

And finally, the Ducks auto I won in one of CG's many wonderful contests. It's of Ducks rookie and former first-round pick Kyle Palmieri, and is an on-card auto to boot!

138/499

Thanks so much for the great cards, set help, and contest winnings Jon! I hope you like the cards I sent, and I look forward to trading again!

No comments:

Post a Comment