Saturday, September 3, 2011

Trade With $30 a week habit: Getzlaf and The Ginter

I recently completed my first trade with Robert from $30 a week habit. Robert is new to the community, but it's evident he'll be a fantastic addition to our card-collecting brethren, as his name has popped up on numerous other blogs in trade posts.

His trade with me is no different from the others, as he sent me some great cards and took out a big chunk of my 2011 Ginter needs. But before we get to the Ginter, we must journey to the Getzlaf.


Terrible transition, but fantastic card. The above swatch happens to be one of those photo shoot relics, similar in nature to this Getzlaf "relic" I picked up some time ago. The honesty is appreciated though Upper Deck. And it's a sick card nevertheless, one I'm very pleased to have in my Ryan Getzlaf PC.


Back to Ginter. Robert hit up multiple areas of this year's offering, from the Base Set to Ascent Of Man to a grip of Hometown Heroes, as well as a couple of the more entertaining mini insert sets I'm chasing. For whatever reason, I did not scan any of the many cards Robert sent my way, which has even surprised me, considering how scan-crazy I've been.

Anyways, a big thanks to Robert for the great trade which netted him some Blue Jays, Maples Leafs, three set needs, and a Luca Caputi relic with a sweet blue swatch. I hope to trade again! For the David Wright relic you just posted....

Yes, I'm hoping to trade again that quickly.

2 comments:

  1. Just in case anyone is wondering, the trade for the Wright relic is complete! Thanks again Greg, the trade was really appreciated on my end as well..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that Wright is so sweet! Looking forward to seeing that dirty swatch in person.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete