Monday, April 2, 2012

Trade With SCFer hockeyfreak14225: Two Sick Autos Over A Blaster, Any and Every Time.

I completed my first trade with hockeyfreak14225, who I found through the SCF hockey boards. I recently joined the forum, and it's paid BIG dividends in the short time I've been a member. This wasn't my first trade through SCF, but of the handful of trades/deals I've made there, it's one of the ones I'm most proud of. A seller had two cards for sale for $20 delivered, and wanted to deal quickly. I obliged, and these two awesome cards showed up at my door a couple of weeks later.


My first (and probably only, unless I suddenly come into a bunch of busting wax money or find another sweet deal like this one) Jeff Skinner autograph. It's #'d 03/99, and for ten bucks, I got a tremendous deal. Skinner is one of the most dynamic young players in the league, the reigning Calder Trophy winner, a great natural goal-scorer, and almost three years younger than me (sigh). He was drafted in 2010, a draft I was fortunate enough to be in attendance for. I remember wanting the Ducks so badly to draft him, but he was gone by the time it was Anaheim's turn to pick. I can make out a "JSkin" in his signature. Works for me, though it could certainly be more aesthetically-appealing.


The second of the two-card lot features another young forward, former number two overall pick James van Riemsdyk. It's also numbered, and out of 99 as well (67/99). Talk about an atrocious signature. James doesn't just go by one name; he goes by an initial.

Thanks for the deal, random guy on the internet!

2 comments:

  1. $20 even for one is a decent deal, but both? That's quite the steal, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good read and it should be appreciated. if such stuff is continuously discussed I am sure nobody will be fooled by online used cars selling scam and buying and selling will become easier.

    ReplyDelete