Sunday, December 16, 2012

We All Live In A Yellow Beehive....

While parallels can sometimes become a daunting thought, particularly as a player collector, I always enjoy picking up a new one, especially considering a couple of the guys I collect are affordable options in this great hobby of ours. One of my favorite sets hails from 2005-2006 Upper Deck Beehive. It's a parallel-laden set, and one I'm nearing completion on.


The above Ryan Getzlaf Yellow Beehive RC awesomeness brings me one step closer to the finish line, and it was had a long, long time ago for under a five spot. While I seemingly stumble upon new parallels of the card from time to time, I know I still need the blue parallel, and I think the blue alone.


Yellow joins red....


....and beige. The yellow is easily my favorite of the bunch.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget about the "matte" parallels that are numbered to 25. I've only seen one for my Jimmy Howard PC, and it's graded with a BIN of like $200 or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh damn, lame. well, the parallels I have a real shot at getting haha. thanks for the heads-up!

    there's probably an auto too, now that I think about it. maybe even a relic....

    ReplyDelete