Ticket Monster LAD Banner

Monday, February 25, 2013

Lovably Lustrous.

The hockey lockout and truncated season haven't dissuaded my desire to pursue awesome Ryan Getzlaf cards. If the price is right, I jump. As you can see below, jump I most certainly did.


Numbered 27/50 - oh snap, a one of one to Matt Kemp's jersey number (!) - is this recent amazing acquisition, a sweet auto/dual sweater relic from Upper Deck Black Lustrous Materials. The pieces of Getz's sweater are encased under some sort of Lucite-like material so I can't get at 'em. I do like that the card features The Captain back when he sported an "A" and not The C.

2 comments:

Dave H said...

I love me some UD Black and that sir is a sweet example. I never bought a pack/box of the stuff but on the secondary market deals are to be had!! Nice score.

Greg Zakwin said...

thanks! it's a gorgeous set.