Friday, June 28, 2013

A Badass Blue Crew Booklet. Well, Except For Andruw Jones' Presence.

I recently landed my second full-sized booklet, and like the first it hails from Topps Triple Threads and features my main man, Matt Kemp. It's a six-way piece and includes five former Dodgers in Russ Martin, Jeff Kent, Hong-Chih Kuo, Rafael Furcal, and Andruw Jones.


Click to embiggen this beauty. It's numbered 02/36 and features a nice variety of relics. The Kemp is a wool swatch; the Martin comes from a white home jersey; the Furcal and Kuo contributions come from road uniforms; the Kent is a sweet bat relic; and the Jones is a piece of a shoe if I'm not mistaken. It certainly doesn't look like anything else I've seen in-person. It would be ironic if it were a piece of a shoe, as Jones wasn't exactly nimble on his feet during his L.A. stint.

4 comments:

  1. It's a shoe because we couldn't give Jones the boot fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oscar- Haha, truer words....if only we could have gotten in-his prime Andruw.

    Matthew- Gracias! $11.05 shipped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I’ve just been searching for information about this topic for ages.

    ReplyDelete