Saturday, November 16, 2013

Chavez Ravining Brings The Thunder and Some Awesome Contest Winnings.

I recently won a contest at Chavez Ravining. Yes, another Dodgers' blog exists. You know you love it. Alex is new on the scene, so go check out his site, work out a trade with him, and welcome him to our wonderful cardboard community. I'm going to start with the extras Alex sent me in my prize package.


Russell Martin times three!!! Three new pieces of cardboard featuring the former Dodger backstop in his Pirates' garb. I've said it before and I'll say it again: every Russ card has a great photo. The man simply can't take a bad picture.

The Ascent Of Man card completes that subset; the JFK is a 2013 need; the three Hometown Heroes leave me one card short of finishing off that insert; and the Colby Lewis leaves me a measly Jimmy Rollins card away from finally being done with the 2011 Ginter Base Set + SPs. Yes, I'm still working on 2011 Allen & Ginter, as well as 2012 and 2013 A&G.


We're still on the extras that came my way. A sweeeeet Jim Edmonds jersey swatch was an unexpected and awesome surprise when it fell out of the bubbler. I'm a huge fan of the Southern California native and future Hall of Fame centerfielder. The card is numbered 275/500.


Finally, the card I actually won in Alex's contest. There were other goodies in the package, including a Nomar parallel /25 which pictures him with Boston and lists him as a Cub; a Jimmy Rollins 2011 Ginter code card; and a mini Russ from '13 Ginter I already have but I'm sure a certain Pirates' fan I trade with would be interested in acquiring.

Alex, you sent along some amazing stuff, and I greatly appreciate it! Whenever we end up trading, you're getting some extras of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment