Friday, April 4, 2014

Russell Martin Opening Day 8x10 Auto.

I absolutely love collecting cardboard depicting former Dodger backstop Russell Martin. While my card collection of him is quite vast, I've never had the pleasure of meeting him to get non-card items signed or gone after any pieces of memorabilia online. That recently changed as I stumbled across the beautiful signed 8x10 below, which was had for roughly half a blaster. As with all of Russell's cards, it features a great action shot of the All-Star catcher. It's not the first memorabilia piece of his I've landed but it's the first to be posted.


There was no paper COA with the photo -- just the JSA and MLB stickers -- but the 8x10 comes from one of the most reputable sellers on eBay. I'm more than comfortable with its authenticity having been legitimized. Also, as I've collected Russ for so long and consider myself to be one of his premier SuperCollectors, I'm confident in my ability to spot a legitimate John Hancock of his.

2 comments:

  1. very nice pickup!

    I'm thoroughly enjoying watching Martin in a Bucs uniform...haven't had a chance to meet him yet though. Hope to at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! He's been a great addition for you guys. Good luck meeting him!

    ReplyDelete