Tuesday, March 17, 2015

2007-2008 UD The Cup Stanley Cup Signatures: Getzlaf Raising The Cup!

I'm a sucker for anything Ryan Getzlaf-related, and if you toss in the Stanley Cup winning season of 2007 on top of Getzy, I'll bite every time. The Ducks are the only one of my favorite teams to win a championship in my lifetime, and Getz played a beyond significant role in that victory, of course. Thus, the below gorgeous piece of cardboard out of 2007-2008 Upper Deck The Cup has long been near the top of my needs list and a major priority towards building the best Getzlaf PC out there.


The card is not die-cut, though it appears that way when scanned, and it's actually a very thick piece of cardboard. It would have been amazing had they die-cut it around The Cup, now that I think about it. The colors really pop well on the card, the signature is on-card, and Getzy raising The Cup is always a welcome sight in my collection of The Captain. Oh, and being #'d 15/25 (his #) doesn't hurt either.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a beauty! I had never seen those before, great autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it depicts the Ducks that is a great card/autograph. We collectors need to see more like these made

    ReplyDelete