Sunday, April 5, 2015

'14 Topps Finest Cyan Plate: Matt Kemp

As 2015 products hit the shelves, I know the days are numbered for cards depicting Matt Kemp as he always should be shown: in Los Angeles Dodgers' Blue. I can still thankfully add reasonably-priced Bisons to the PC and the below Cyan 1/1 Printing Plate out of 2014 Topps Finest was certainly light on the wallet.


I long ago stopped trying to figure out why some plates display the image in the normal fashion while others, like this Bison addition, feature the image reversed. I'm just concerned with adding new Kemps to my collection, and for just over half a blaster this baby is a welcome addition, especially since I fully expected to be outbid and only threw my hat in the ring for giggles.

3 comments:

  1. You have quite the Kemp collection. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I read somewhere that chrome cards are reversed images, and regular ol' cards are the standard looking cards. Don't cite me on that though.

    Sweet pickup.

    ReplyDelete