Wednesday, August 19, 2015

2012-2013 Fleer Retro Hockey Ryan Getzlaf SSSP Auto: Acquired!

It took me a few years but I finally landed one of the more elusive Ryan Getzlaf John Hancocks on the market. Even though it's a sticker I've wanted this card since its release but I've only encountered 3-4 copies on eBay. One finally appeared again and I was determined to land it. It wasn't cheap but it didn't break the bank either. It's essentially a SSSP and I'm grateful to finally cross it off my needs list.


The design mimics the 1992-93 Fleer Ultra set and Getzy was part of the Group B Autos. Group B signatures were extremely hard pulls at 1:1,158 packs!


The back which has a decent amount going on, except no stats.


And here's The Captain's base autograph out of Fleer Retro I snagged long ago.

1 comment: