Friday, December 9, 2016

1970-71 Topps Wilt Chamberlain, No. 50

I'm not a huge basketball card collector but every once in a while a piece strikes me as necessary for my collection. I recently sold a card to a customer and decided it fit the criteria of a necessary piece. Off I went to eBay and shortly thereafter the below beaut arrived in my mailbox.


For just $13.98 delivered I was able to land this sweet VG-EX copy of Wilt Chamberlain's 1970-1971 Topps Tall Boy card to my very modest basketball collection. Wilt looks ready to lead a jazzercise class with that nifty headband.


Here's the back. The card's biggest flaw is the small crease you see in the bottom right corner of the above scan but thankfully it does not show from the front. The centering's good, the color's great, and you can't go wrong with Wilt The Stilt.

6 comments:

  1. Great card! I'm not a basketball guy either but I would have been all over that for the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've come to enjoy basketball more over the last 5 or 6 years (thanks to LeBron) but I've never really collected it.

      Delete
  2. Nice find! I am a basketball guy and that card has always eluded me. I've not seen it go for that low before, and had I seen it I probably would have bought it myself. Gives me hope that I'll get it some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billy! And you'll find one! Hopefully sooner than later!

      Delete
  3. You and I are alike. I don't really follow basketball anymore. However... every now and then, I find the urge to add a card to my collection. Love them Tall Boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to love the Tall Boys more and more! I hope to eventually add the Alcindor and Maravich rookies plus a couple more from each year.

      Delete