Friday, October 26, 2018

Al Burch Batting, Piedmont Back, PSA 4: One Of The Prettiest T206s You'll Find

Here's a card that came back from PSA a few months ago and was part of my 2018 Tax Refund Splurge. I knew I had to have the card when I saw my boss had purchased it and I firmly believe it's a top 5 T206 in terms of looks. Without further ado I present the Batting Pose for Al Burch in a spiffy PSA 4 holder.


Burch played over 600 games between 1906 and 1911 for the Cardinals and Brooklyn. He was a New York native; transitioned to the outfield after starting as a second baseman and shortstop; was a chauffeur after baseball ended; and is the only player I've come across thus far who has a blank SABR bio. I'd love to know more about him as that's part of the fun in picking up new T206s.

I've always thought Burch looked like Babe Ruth. This is my highest graded T206 by over a full grade. The color, pose, and background are simply perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic card! I really enjoy the work that went into painting the backgrounds of some of these T cards. It's A Celebration Bitches indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen a ton of the T206's, so I can't say where it would rank as far as backgrounds go, that being said... it is awfully pretty!

    ReplyDelete