Wednesday, December 19, 2018

It's A Rare (Zack) Wheat Wednesday: 1917 Boston Store PSA Authentic, The Only One Ever Graded By PSA!

Way back in late September I found myself pondering a purchase on eBay. It was pricey but I budgeted out enough cash to make the buy and pay my bills and do everything else I needed to do. I debated for a while and came to the conclusion that I might never see the card again, or certainly not for a very long time. That realization pushed me to spend the cash and bring the cardboard home.


It's a super rare and super cool 1917 Boston Store card of the one and only Zack Wheat! The set contained 200 cards, a number of Hall of Famers, and the same design as a number of other sets from that year. The Boston Store garners the ACC designation of H801-8.


Here's the back which provides the advertisement for The Boston Store chain of department stores, championing their variety and low prices for everything a boy could want in 1917. Despite the name, these stores were a Midwest staple.

According to the PSA Pop Report, this is the only Wheat Boston Store they have graded. I find that hard to believe despite the relative rarity, particularly as SGC has graded a few of them. For the time being, however, I'll assume it's a 1 of 1 Wheat. Regardless, I absolutely adore the card and am quite happy I decided to pull the trigger and the dough out of my wallet to bring it home to my Wheat PC.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, what boys don't want to buy waists, collars, neckwear, and handkerchiefs?

    Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Like Miles once said to Joel... sometimes you just gotta say WTF! Nice purchase!

    ReplyDelete