Wednesday, February 5, 2020

(Zack) Wheat Wednesday: 1916 M101-4 Sporting News Blank Back, Slabbed a PSA Authentic Altered!

Today's addition to the ever-expanding Zack Wheat Collection is this absolutely beautiful 1916 M101-4 Sporting News Blank Back card that came into my possession in a strange way. I bought it raw from my old job and submitted it at work to protect it in plastic goodness.


The strangeness stems from the fact that one day when I was back at my old job in LA my boss was talking about a collection he bought from an old client who was selling. He was the son of a famous singer and had collected a ton of Dodgers' stuff (so clearly, a swell guy if there ever was one).

I grabbed the shoebox to flip through and immediately spotted a couple of smaller cards and knew that meant pre-war vintage awesomeness. The Wheat was tucked between a couple T-cards and I believe my reaction was something along the lines of screaming out "OH SHIT I WANT AND NEED THIS!"

My boss, knowing I collect Wheat, had hidden the card hoping I would stumble upon it midway through. He was also nice enough to hold it for me after buying the collection and we were able to work out a very fair deal so I could add another incredible piece to my collection.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool of your old boss to look out for you. Congratulations on adding another Wheat to your collection.

    ReplyDelete