Thursday, April 9, 2020

My First Big O Auto!

Here's a most random addition to my collection but a really cool one. I was visiting my old job one day last year when I semi-regular high roller came in. He's that guy who could drop a couple grand without blinking. He's also the guy who would do that and only take the hits. On that day he did just that and everything else was up for grabs. Much to my surprise and delight this was something he left behind:


I don't know if he simply did not realize this was left behind or didn't care enough to take it but I was more than pleased to end up with the scraps. Hailing from 2018 Donruss and the Hall Dominator subset is this beautiful Oscar Robertson signature, numbered 14/25. Big O has such an aesthetically-pleasing auto that I wanted it protected so I sent it in to work and it came back in a spiffy PSA 9 slab.

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love the big hit chasers with lots of money. The card shop I worked at in the late 90's had one of these guys. It was insane how much he'd bust each week. And then like you said... he'd pull the hits and leave the rest on the counter. Don't remember him leaving anything as sweet as an Oscar Robinson autograph though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart. I really want to start picking up nicer cards/autographs of timeless players.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! I have a Big O auto sitting in my COMC inventory, but yours is much nicer and looks great in the slab.

    ReplyDelete