Wednesday, March 9, 2022

2001 The Simpsons Mania! Auto Pickup: Tress MacNeille

My long-forgotten and possibly out-of-date Want List shrinks by one today but it's a big one. While I have stopped watching new episodes of The Simpsons I am still attempting to complete the auto sets from the Inkworks' releases of the early 2000s. I finished off the 2000 Anniversary set a while back and was in need of just two from the 2001 Mania! issue. Two has thankfully become one (although that one, not surprisingly, is a pain):

Tress MacNeille was tougher than you'd expect as she's not a star on the show, but she took some time to locate and secure. She most notably voices Agnes Skinner and Brandine and has also done work on another of my favorites, Rick and Morty.

My overall Simpsons PC is happy to see some fresh meat.

4 comments:

  1. Nice. I've missed your Simpsons posts (hope you're still getting new Davy L. sketches!) I haven't quite finished either of the Simpsons autos sets, though combined I have one card from each signer and will probably call it good there. ICYMI, I had a big Simpsons post last month.

    Are you working on the Rick & Morty autographs too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks man! Have a few sketches lined up to showcase in the upcoming weeks.

      Love that post and your customs are great!

      Not doing R&M....but maybe one day! You're giving me ideas :)

      Delete
  2. The interactions between Cletus and Brandine were always great.

    ReplyDelete