Thursday, October 13, 2022

A PSA 1 (MK) '53 Bowman Pee Wee!

Here is another long-ago vintage pickup I felt would look better in a slab and be protected from my clumsy hands. I know grading is not for everyone, but for me that $8 fee cancelled out the long wait to get this bad boy back in my hands.

It's kind of fun to go back in the archives and see when I purchased things (and for how much, in the instances I documented that nugget). This amazing 1953 Bowman Color Pee Wee Reese ran me under $25 delivered back in mid-2015.

It's one of my all-time favorite cards and I know I'm not alone in admiring it for all of the beauty it possesses. A 1 Qualifier now would run about $100-150 depending on the strength of its eye appeal -- I'm happy to see I got a good deal when I did.

7 comments:

  1. Even with the imperfections, it seems like it should have graded better than a 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lower the grade on vintage, the happier I am when buying lol.

      Delete
  2. That looks a lot like mine, and, yes, mine is graded, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gregs with the same birthday, same Reese cards, and same favorite team....who would've thunk it!

      Delete
    2. That's some pretty cool blogger trivia there.

      P.S. Very cool card.

      Delete