Wednesday, November 16, 2022

LeBron James Preseason Debut Ticket Pickup: PSA 7 Graded With A Story!

Here's one of the first tickets I ever submitted after deciding collecting stubs and fulls was something I would undertake. I was so new to this world that I attributed facts from card collecting to it, and regretted it fairly quickly thereafter.


I was really excited to pick up this LeBron James Preseason Debut Full Ticket (Box Office Stock) for a good price sometime in 2020. I figured like cards, tickets would quickly lose value if they fell below a grade of 8 so I subbed it with a minimum grade and crossed my fingers. It did not meet the minimum and per my instructions was slabbed as just Authentic. I was able to find out it would have been a 7 and after a little research saw I should have originally been happy with a grade under 8.

Over a year later I decided to submit it for a review to get a numerical grade and knew it might come back even lower than a 7. I was comfortable should that occur but thankfully the grader reviewed it and agreed with the OG grade. It's a welcome addition to my King James PC!

Recent sales on the ticket show a Ticketmaster version (PSA 2) sold for just over $400 and a Box Office version (PSA 8) just eclipsed $1,600.

No comments:

Post a Comment