Thursday, November 24, 2022

Parks Meets Guardians: A Beautiful Chris Pratt Auto, PSA/DNA Authenticated!

Here's something completely different from what I usually collect, buuuuut it does very easily land in a collection I treasure. A long time ago I completed my Parks and Recreation Collection from the 2013 Press Pass release. It's one of my all-time favorite sets and it was near perfect as a trading card release can be....except for the fact that two main cast members were absent from the auto checklist. Rashida Jones and Chris Pratt did not lend their John Hancocks to the product and it has bummed me out ever since.


A lot of patience and a random eBay search rectified that absence years later as the above beauty is now in my hands! I don't even recall how I stumbled upon it but it cost a decent amount, took months to arrive from overseas (I assumed it was lost), and then made its way to PSA for a reholder that took many more months. Combining my love of Parks and my love of the Guardians of The Galaxy franchise and Pratt's portrayal of Star-Lord, it is the perfect piece to own shy of a second Recs release where he signs a trading card.

Part of me is tempted to have the auto graded but I don't want to give it up for another 6 months of waiting. It's a 10 in my heart and my book.

1 comment:

  1. To me he's Scott Hatteberg from Moneyball! (I do have an auto of Scott Hatteberg, BTW.) Or Bright from Everwood.

    ReplyDelete