Wednesday, November 9, 2022

(Zack) Wheat Wednesday: 1909-12 Domino Discs, PSA 5 Graded!

Some items I desire elude me for years and years. They may or may not pop up but even if they do peek out from around a corner of the internet I simply can't reel 'em in and add them to my collection. Patience usually pays off and thankfully today's featured Zack Wheat pickup is a prime example of that.


I spotted this on Clean Sweep Auctions by happenstance and made it my mission to secure the listing barring a crazy high price. I was fortunate my bid held and didn't break the bank and this beautiful 1909-1912 Domino Discs is now mine. Early career Wheat pieces are always at the top of my want list and these Domino Discs are super cool and unique. The set is full of HOFers and oddball, non-traditional cards have always appealed to my collecting sensibilities.


The dominoes-themed backs are really sweet and the scarcity of the issue just adds to the fun chase element I lament and secretly enjoy once completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment