Monday, December 5, 2022

1939 Goudey Premiums Black & White: The One and Only Jimmie Foxx

This was acquired so long ago the pandemic had not yet hit. It was a pickup from the card shop I used to work for and I knew I needed it the moment I laid my eyes on it. Jimmie Foxx is criminally underrated as a player and any chance to pick up a playing-era card of his at a good price is a chance I don't let pass me by.

Joining the '34 Batter-Up I also nabbed from my old job is this gorgeous 1939 Goudey Premiums Black & White, already slabbed an SGC 60 upon purchase. Foxx is leaping above first base to make a catch, fully extended.

Just as clean as the front is the reverse. The backs on these are absolutely fantastic and I dig how they were geared towards making kids better ballplayers. This one aims to impart "How To Bat" to anyone in possession of it.

Another wonderful vintage pickup is catalogued.

No comments:

Post a Comment