Thursday, December 15, 2022

A PSA 10/10 Mike Trout On-Card Auto!

I've never gotten into the Topps Now craze like a lot of collectors but I appreciate the on-card autos and memorable moments that Topps has produced for those various releases. It's an opportunity to acquire cool cardboard so I don't preclude Now cards from my eBay searches. On one of my many pandemic-fueled ventures online, a search yielded a true beauty....


Meet the newest member of my Mike Trout Collection -- this stunning 2018 Topps Now on-card auto numbered 79/99 and slabbed a PSA 10 with a 10 for Trouty's John Hancock! The card commemorates Mike reaching 1,000 MLB games played and I absolutely dig the shot Topps used for the card with the fans behind him and the clear as day sign with "1,000" in bold red.

The price was reasonable enough and while I don't agree that the auto is a 10 -- I see you, obvious streak in the T -- the slab will forever say otherwise.

2 comments: