Thursday, April 25, 2024

Joy Of A Completed Set: Archer Sketch Cards -- Jen Montes and Her Fantastic Work Is The Last Piece of The Puzzle!!

Today's piece of artsy goodness completes a journey that has spanned 10-ish years, three Presidents, five jobs, and a ton of time and energy and effort and money. It's been an incredibly rewarding project full of fun and anxiousness and amazing artwork. The journey has consistently reminded me how wonderful 14 seasons of Archer was and will continue to be with every re-watching I do. These sketches are cornerstones of my entire collection and will never leave me.

Season 4, Episode 3 -- "Legs"

THE JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!

While today's featured sketch is from the last artist I needed in order to have one of each of the 58 talented individuals to contribute to the set, I will continue to seek out new pieces for my Archer Sketch PC. The above Krieger came from the same longtime dealer who has sold me dozens of the sketch cards I own; he sold me the April Babcock from last month. He let me know he had access to both and I could reach out when I was ready. I did not wait long to claim them and in the end spent exactly $0 out of pocket to pick both of them up.

Jen Montes, now Jen Garcia, is the phenomenal artist responsible for this gorgeous piece of cardboard. She only had about 12 sketches in the entire product and with that limited of a selection my chances of ever landing one were very slim, particularly as time went on and it became clear just how rare her work was. Had I bought one of her sketch cards 10 years ago, it almost certainly would have been under $100 and even that would have been high. Under $50 would have been the expected price -- and I spent way more than that in 2024.

The price was well worth it though, and not simply because it completes the artist run, but because her work is incredible and I may never see another one again. Add on the joy of it being a Krieger piece and I am even more thrilled with what my patience yielded in the long, long, long run.

And with that, my Archer Sketch Card Project is complete! I will still pick up awesome sketch cards when they present themselves or when the price is right. If I can one day find a way to photograph one from each artist in a big wrap-up picture, I will most definitely do so with glee.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Quite the accomplishment and an incredible Archer collection you've put together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you good sir! It was a labor of love, and now I can rest easy and just buy the fun stuff without any worry anymore lol!

      Delete