Tuesday, October 1, 2024

A Jackie Robinson Addition: 1956 Topps Pins, (Mini) Slabbed a PSA 4!

Here's a really great auction house score that came as part of a small lot and also already came graded, saving me the hassle and time of getting it protected in a plastic tomb. For those who have followed me long enough, the fact that it is from an oddball set should come as no surprise as that is entirely up my collecting alley.


Adding something, anything -- especially playing-era goodness -- to my Jackie Robinson PC is always in the back of my mind but rarely moves to the forefront due to pricing concerns. An essential add to every vintage collection and a player who transcends team collectors, Jackie is never cheap....so I have to really pick and choose my spots super carefully.

This particular auction get was just right and the other piece sealed the deal on me taking a run at it (that piece will be heading off to PSA for grading in October). This 1956 Topps Pins in a PSA 4 was the perfect sidekick as coins and pins, to me, are still wildly undervalued. Add in a classic and simple portrait from the neck up and this beauty has a permanent home in my Jackie Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment