Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trade With Crinkly Wrappers: Jerry Sands, Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw, 1989 Topps

Ted from Crinkly Wrappers hit up my 1989 Topps Want List and knocked off 84 cards. I'm inching my way towards completing that glorious set. Ted was also kind enough to include a bunch of awesome stuff. The first card I saw as I was removing the '89 Topps from the box, in fact, had me nearly screaming for joy. I was certainly screaming on the inside.

Look at that shine. It's blinding me with awesome awesomeness.

XFractor-y Goodness of Jerry Sands! Oh shit, this card is amazingly sick. I don't know if I've ever seen a green XFractor (it looks green to me at least, but I'm color-blind, so what do I know). I LOVE it. And I've now added Sands to my "Who I Collect page". Just thought I'd make it official.

There were three more additions to my 2010 Ginter Base + SPs journey, as well as a new addition to my Matt Kemp collection, a new Clayton Kershaw, and another Jerry Sands (bringing my large collection of Sands cards to a grand total of two - but it's a blossoming two card collection).


Thanks for the cards Ted, I appreciate it! Cards are in transit and heading your way. Blue Jays related, of course. There's one card in particular I hope you don't already have.

Don't have it.

3 comments:

  1. Nice shiny Sands! His auto (facsimile) looks just a little worse (lol) than Landry's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I thought about mentioning that, but I can't even figure out what it says.

    Looks like "SandJ N. Alo Jr."

    Haha, odd, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete