Thursday, November 10, 2011

Many Thank Yous Are In Order For Some Sick Contest Winnings!

I've been very fortunate to win a number of contests recently. I decided to consolidate and thank everyone who is line for a thank you (long overdue thank yous at that) at once. Away we go....


I've wanted a Manny Ramirez Ginter relic for quite some time. Brian from 30-Year Old Cardboard held a contest asking us to guess who would hit a home run on a particular day. I, of course, guessed Matt Kemp. And The Bison came through yet again! My winnings consisted of the awesome card you see above. My LCS has one these Manny Ginter relics, and it's marked at $20 (it's the SP Bat version). They'd definitely give it to me for less, but just how much less is the question. My guess is somewhere around eight to ten bucks. But free is always better! Thanks Brian!


Drop The Gloves held a hockey-themed contest centered around the Boston Bruins and some firsts for them on the season. I was one of the lucky winners, and received a nice selection of cards as my prize. My two favorites are the sweet autos above; the rest of the highlights included:


 
A mess of Ducks, some Dodgers, and a number of other cool cards (featuring a slew of sweet rookies) were included in the bubbler. The Matusz and Hudson are keepers (as is the Green simply because he's a Duck, though I have no memory of him whatsoever), but the rest are up for grabs. Wicked, if you want the Volstad, it's yours, just let me know in a comment or e-mail me. Kevin, the Hrbek is yours if you're interested. If not, Rhubarb, let me know. Thanks for the cool contest and great prizes Casey!


Last, but most certainly not least, I won my second contest at Sports Cards Info, the first being a Pau Gasol relic. This win netted me a sick NASCAR patch (#'d 099/199), which, if he wants it, is Jon's. Hopefully as part of a package to land me that sweet Martin Plate you've got! I have no idea who Steve Wallace is, and I don't even consider NASCAR a sport. But I can appreciate a beautiful patch of anyone, from any sport or activity, when I see one, and this is most certainly one badass patch and one badass card! Much thanks Andrew!

And before I forget, in the non-contest card realm, two more thank yous are necessary. DodgerBobble added a Tulo, Longo, and Jered Weaver to those new PCs, so a big thank you to him! And to wrap it all up, Kevin from The Mojo Beard sent me an Andre Ethier manupatch....thanks K, and keep up the great work running TMB!

Thanks to all three of the fine gentlemen who held contests and sent me awesome (and free) cards!

2 comments:

  1. It's my pleasure man. Thanks for the bobblehead and also thanks for helping me out at the Derrick Rose event. I owe you one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, always happy to help DB! I just wish he had ended up signing.

    ReplyDelete