Friday, November 11, 2011

A Cheap Jered Weaver Autograph Makes Two Dirtbags Down, One To Go

When I decided to collect hits of the three best Long Beach State Dirtbags to ever lace 'em up, I mainly had my sights set on an autograph from each of those three gentlemen: Troy Tulowitzki, Evan Longoria, and Jered Weaver. I knew they wouldn't be cheap, but I had no intention of breaking the bank to begin with. I was fortunate enough to swing a deal for Tulo's signature (thanks again Adam!), and have my eyes on a particular Longo auto that appeared as bait on a popular and excellent blog, though I have no idea where that trade stands at the moment. Aside from the fact that it's in limbo, and it'll take a bundle on my end to pry it away from it's current owner. I hit the Bay to knock off Jered Weaver, and was finally successful.


For less than half the price of a blaster, I not only obtained an auto of one of the game's elite pitchers, but it brings along with it a jersey swatch as well. From 2011 Topps Triple Threads, this Unity Auto/Relic is #'d 20/99. And damn, is my scanner ever dirty. I digress. Weaver has quite the interesting John Hancock. A bunch of loops, and a semi-recognizable W. To each his own.


I'm really pleased to have completed 66.666666 percent of my Long Beach journey, and all that remains is another elite player whose signature commands a good chuck of change on the secondary market. A piece of cake, obviously. Hmmmm.....cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment