Tuesday, November 20, 2012

High-End Getzlaf # 2: 2005-2006 Fleer Hot and Prized Prospects Auto/Patch.

Continuing with the week's theme of elegance and pinkie out fancy smancy is this fantastic rookie auto/patch I was able to land for a massive steal. These types of Getzlaf cards never stayed in my range but for whatever reason this night was different, as I was able to pluck the below from the clutches of eBay for a paltry $22.50 delivered, with free shipping.


Numbered 253/349, it's a sweet 2005-2006 Fleer Hot Prospects Rookie Patch/Auto that features a patch from a photo shoot sweater worn by the future Ducks' Captain. What really drew me to the card - on top of the fantastic deal I was in line for - was the full auto and the wonderful patch. The patch has a ton of stitching and is either from a nameplate or jersey number, it would appear, which makes it right up my alley. I also love the subset name of Prized Prospects, and Getzlaf has certainly lived up to that high praise.


As with any rookie auto, you generally get a fuller signature, although Getz has had a remarkably consistent and excellent signature, which I love and appreciate very much. It all ended up on the sticker, and with that, the card ended up as the newest member of my Ryan G. PC.

2 comments: