Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Jimmie Foxx 1934 Batter-Up: PSA 2!

A customer who has been coming in about once every week and a half to sell off parts of his collection recently brought in a neat vintage oddball I knew I had to scoop up. I only had one card in my collection from this particular set and no cards of this player in-hand. I was more than happy to pay VCP on this gorgeous PSA 2 1934 Batter-Up of the one and only Jimmie Foxx!


Foxx has two cards in the Batter-Up set with this being far more affordable than the Boston version which also includes a different image. It presents exceedingly well for being slabbed a 2. The card comes in like 6 color variants but I believe this is the standard black tint (I'm colorblind so I take a pass on knowing these kind of things with any certainty). Bring me all the sweet, sweet vintage oddball goodness!

4 comments:

  1. I have this in my Foxx PC. But being a Redsox collector the other Foxx has been elusive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-za! That's a beauty Greg. I posted a vintage hockey card last night that's the same die-cut/punch-out concept and from the same era too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great card Greg! I only recently added one to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! A vintage Foxx is definitely on my hobby bucket list.

    ReplyDelete