Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Adam Toews: A Very Rare Archer Sketch Pickup Stolen From eBay!

As I wind down on collecting one of every artist who sketched masterpieces for the 2014 Cryptozoic Archer release, I am reminded at how I should have thrown caution to the wind and bought more within the first months of the product's release. Boxes have nearly dried up; cases are non-existent; and some of the artists are never available for purchase. I check eBay multiple times a day and check a ton of websites for any leads. On December 5th of 2020, I got extremely lucky to add one of the rarer artists to have worked on the set: Adam Toews.


Toews has served as the Associate Supervising Director/Art Director/Lead Illustrator on the show and like all of the artists who worked directly on Archer, he only produced about a dozen sketches. Tracking down one of his cards would not only be difficult, but pricey comparatively-speaking. My luck ended up not just being in finding one to buy, but landing a spectacular deal as the seller had no idea who the artist was.

I ended up spending a measly $12.24 delivered ($8 winning bid) on this beautiful rendering of Ray Gillette. It's a most welcome addition to the collection and one less rare artist I need to pray for.

No comments:

Post a Comment