Saturday, March 6, 2010

Kemp To Bat 2nd?

According to old Joe, that's where he'll slot the Bison, at least to start the season.

I, on the other hand, would put Ethier in front of Manny, a spot which Andre has occupied before. He's also proceeded to mash the ball while batting in front of ManRam. My lineup would look something like this:

Martin-Ethier-Manny-Kemp-Loney-DeWitt-Blake-Furcal-Pitcher

At least Kemp understands what is needed of him from the second spot in the order:

“Man, I hit one through nine since I’ve been in the big leagues and I can hit anywhere,” Kemp said. “If that’s where Joe wants me to hit, that’s where I’m going to hit. I’ll just do the best I can to get on base for the big boys.”

I guess I should accept the 2nd spot as progress from Torre, though I still fear he'll slide Mattycakes back to the 8th spot at some point. You just gots to have that second cleanup hitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment