Friday, May 14, 2010

Dodgers Notes From Friday's Game 5/14/2010

Dodgers 4, San Diego 3

Box Score.
  • Ramon Ortiz made his first (and hopefully last) start of the season, going 4 innings (3 ER, 6 Hits, 4 K, 3 BB [1 IBB], 1 HR Allowed, 86 pitches - 54 for strikes).
  • Bullpen: 5 IP, 0 Runs, 2 Hits, 5 K, 0 BB. 5 Relievers.
  • Matt Kemp crushed his 8th HR of the season, a 2-run bomb to dead center.
  • Kemp stole his 6th base of the season.
  • Andre Ethier (Double, Single, 2 BB [1 IBB]) reached base 4 times, Kemp (HR, Single, BB) reached base 3 times, and Manny Ramirez (Single, BB), Russell Martin (Double, Single), and Jamey Carroll (Single, IBB) each reached base twice.
  • The offense struck out 6 times, walked 6 times, and had 4 extra-base hits.
  • Rafael Furcal was expected to be activated from the DL for today's game, but his hamstring didn't feel right in his rehab appearances, and he will most likely miss the entire weekend series in San Diego.
"In my mind, I don't feel I can do it the way I want to do it," he said about playing through the injury. "It's 80, 85, 90 percent. I want to be aggressive. I don't want to play and they take me out after two innings and they lose me for 60 days."

No comments:

Post a Comment