Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ned Colletti Trusts Garret Anderson

And this is a prime example of why I don't trust or believe in Ned Colletti.
"I see a player struggling to adjust to a new role," general manager Ned Colletti said. "One at-bat five times a week, it's very tough."
 Joe Torre decided to chime in as well:
"We're trying to get him as many at-bats to make it easier on him. I see a timing thing. Is he the same player he was at one time? No. But he comes out of the dugout with a couple men on base and he'll scare the heck out of me. That's a big part of having him as a weapon."
Joe, you're the only one scared of him. You should be scared of playing him and wasting plate appearances on him.

I can guarantee you of one thing: no one, and I mean no one, is remotely scared of Garret Anderson doing anything of value while at the dish. His OBP this year, coming into Tuesday, was a truly frightening (and fright-inducing, for Dodgers fans) .154, and his career OBP is .325, hardly warrior-like or productive.

He's barely been an average player for his career, and now, he's DONE. Finished, over, out of the game.

Put him out to pasture already.

No comments:

Post a Comment