Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dodgers Notes From Friday's Game 6/25/2010

New York Yankees 2, Dodgers 1

Missed the game to attend the first round of the NHL Draft at Staples Center; had a great time, hope to see the draft in Anaheim in the near future.

Box Score.
  • Vicente Padilla went 7 excellent innings (2 ER, 6 Hits, 7 K, 1 BB, 1 HR Allowed, 1 Hit Batter, 112 pitches - 69 for strikes).
  • Bullpen: 2 IP, 0 Runs, 1 Hit, 0 K, 0 BB.
  • Rafael Furcal stole his 10th base of the season.
  • Manny Ramirez was the only Dodger to reach base more than once (2 Singles).
  • The offense struck out 10 times, drew 3 walks, and had no extra-base hits.
  • Charlie Haeger was DFA'd. Jon Link was called up yet again to replace him. We'll see if a team takes a chance on Charlie; I would.
"It's just frustrating. The whole season has been frustrating," said the 26-year-old Haeger. "To not throw well, to be on the DL, the throw twice in nearly two months. Last night I think I was one out away from having a decent game. It's frustrating."
He was asked if he had a fair shot.
"Early in the season I did," he said. "I had five starts. But I feel like, coming off the DL, throwing twice in the span of two months, I don't know how fair that is. I had an opportunity early in the season to throw the ball well and didn't. But it was a good experience here. It's been a rough season, but I fell like last night I threw the ball pretty well and feel like it's back, I found it again. Obviously, I'm disappointed. I want to be here."



[Photos via Getty Images and AP]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment