Friday, December 10, 2010

Trade With Tomahawk Chopping: Dodgers Galore and The Worst/Greatest Card Ever

Another trade, courtesy of Derek from Tomahawk Chopping - Cardboard & More!

I left a comment on Derek's blog, and after he contacted me about a possible trade, we quickly worked out a deal in which he sent me a grip of Dodgers cards. And when I say a grip, I mean in the c-note range. Lots of good stuff to choose from, but I'll limit myself to posting just a handful.


Campy Has A Pretty Blue Back




And now a card that is included for no other reason than I find it to be ridiculously amusing. The Topps employee who got this picture approved deserves a medal, a raise, and a pat on the back.


May this image live forever in infamy and FAIL. FAIL for White, and an epic
win for that Topps employee and the photographer who snapped this gem.

A big thanks to you Derek for sending me some awesome stuff. And an apology for getting your cards out a little later than I had hoped for. But hopefully what you find residing within that bubble mailer will more than make up for it.

6 comments:

  1. He clearly put all of that practice as a kid to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, that Devon White is classic. That could be the most embarrassing picture ever put on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there may have been two in the cards Derek sent. If there's a second, I'll put it aside for you.

    Just so you can have a good laugh every now and then haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pickups. That Devo pic is epic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dustin. I still can't get over everything that has to go into getting that picture snapped at exactly the right moment.

    Only a Dodger. Only a Dodger.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete