Ticket Monster LAD Banner

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trade With The Daily Dimwit: Russell Martin, John Wooden, 2010 Ginter

Sam from The Daily Dimwit and I have traded once before, and as awesome as that trade was, this trade easily tops it. Sam came through with some Dodger Mojo, pulling a sick Russell Martin jersey/auto card from a pack. He offered it up, and I pounced on it - in fact, I was the only one to show any interest in the card. I sent him eighteen 1978 Topps cards from his Want List, the last card he needed to complete 2010's Allen & Ginter offering (Derek Holland SP), and a Morgan Ensberg RC Auto. Sam's already posted his end of the trade. Here's what he sent my way:

2009 UD Baseball Series 1 Game Jersey/Auto, 15/35

This sweet John Wooden from 2008 Donruss Sports Legends:


New additions to my Martin and Broxton collections, both from 2009 Upper Deck:

Sam also knocked off 15 cards (8 of them Short Prints!) I needed towards completing my 2010 Ginter Base Set + SPs. My Want List is currently up-to-date; if you've got something on there and are willing to part with it, hit me up and let's trade.

Thanks for another great trade Sam, I appreciate it! Until our next swap....


Head on over to The Great Orioles Autograph Project and enter to win an Earl Weaver auto. Go now!


night owl said...

You wouldn't have been the only one if I had seen it. Where was I?

Greg Zakwin said...

Working? Off doing night owl-y things?

Charles @ Hoopography said...

As a Yankees fan, is Russell Martin a good buy. I really don't know much about him as a player. Posada has been a disaster behind the plate the last several years. Is Martin the full-time, longtime answer?

Greg Zakwin said...

Martin's far better defensively than Posada and gets on-base at a good clip for a catcher. He's been over-worked and run into the ground, and his power's continued to decrease over the last few years.

He'll help the Yankees, but I don't see him holding off Montero and Romine for that long, no matter how well he plays.

Martin's definitely a starter somewhere in the league though.

Are No said...

Cool Russ Martin, Greg.

Greg Zakwin said...

Gracias Arno.