Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Trade With 25 Years of Baseball: John Ely Peek Auto, 1992 UD Dodgers

I spotted a Jumbo Pack break of 2010 Topps Update Series over at 25 Years of Baseball. What caught my eye was the John Ely Peek Performance Auto that Steve pulled, and after a few e-mails back and forth he agreed to send it my way. Steve is a big Topps set builder, so I dug through my trade box and, in exchange for 139 Topps cards from the late 80s/early 90s, he sent the Ely Auto my way, along with seven of the remaining eight 1992 Upper Deck Dodgers I need for my team set. I'm only missing number 482.

Topps did a great job of making the sticker as innocuous as possible.

This makes two John Ely autos now, with the other being on this photoshopped SI cover. The auto didn't come out great, as I met Ely before I fully understood what to get certain items signed with, color choices and the like. You can read about my encounter with John here, if that's something that would interest you.


Thanks for the auto and the '92 UD help Steve, glad I could contribute some cards to your various set needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment