Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My First Clayton Kershaw 1/1: Printing Plate Edition

After months and months of yearning, coupled with Matt Kemp and Russell Martin gloating at him, Clayton Kershaw will no longer feel like the third wheel. Why, you might probably not be asking? Because I finally found an affordable Kershaw 1/1 and snapped it up as fast as the auction would allow.


This beauty is the Magenta Printing Plate from Kershaw's 2010 Topps T-206 card. I was able to snag this from eBay for the paltry sum of $10 delivered, with a winning bid of seven dollars and fifty cents. I absolutely love this card. I know some people consider printing plates to be 1/4s as opposed to true 1/1s.

But I am not one of those people.

There is only one Clayton Kershaw 2010 Topps T-206 Magenta Printing Plate. And I own it. Which makes me the happiest tyke on Blogger. It is a most welcome addition to my Kershaw PC.


Any printing plate of one of the three main guys I collect that is attainable for ten dollars or less will find its way to me and never leave my manly hands. Because that is a deal I simply can't pass up in good conscience.

I've got a few more Kershaw items I need to get around to posting. Great deals on his cards are still out there, for whatever the reason. I am in no way complaining though. Just jumping on the sweet prices for some oh so sweet cards.

8 comments:

  1. Wowwww! I never would've thought you could get a Kershaw Plate for $10. Tremendous steal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very nice pick-up. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    Tim- I still don't know how it went so cheaply. The seller did misspell magenta in the listing, but I doubt that drove anyone away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all the sweet cards that you have obtained, you should host a show and tell. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Spiegel!

    "My Cards With Greg Zakwin". Needs a far better title, but I do like the idea haha!

    Oh, and I have your cards! Was hoping to give them to you at the Kemp signing, and then I forgot to grab 'em so Josh could give 'em to you. I will get them to you though!

    ReplyDelete