Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Quick, Golden Detour On The Manny Ramirez Rookie Card Project

In my pursuit of Manny Ramirez's seven rookie cards, I stumbled across one I had never encountered before, and that was accordingly not on my cheat sheet.


Upon further research at the always reliable COMC, I found that ManRam had two cards in 1992 Bowman. I'm not sure if every rookie did, but Manny certainly did. Contrary to the scan above, the border of this cool card is actually very, very gold. And foil-y. But my scanner would have you believe otherwise.


Anyways, I picked this up from my local shop for five bucks. I certainly overpaid, as COMC has it for under a buck. But it really doesn't matter to me. I had never seen this card elsewhere, it could theoretically fetch more in some corners (or could have, before Manny cards dropped in value), and I never mind slightly overpaying at my local because they always give me fantastic deals and let me save money with their generosity.

Some kid who was in the shop on Saturday when I bought this took one look at it and was stunned - absolutely blown away - at how young Manny looked. He was also surprised that Ramirez was photographed sans his trademark dreds. I felt old.

Anyhoo, I am still in need of one last Manny RC. 1992 Pinnacle. Number 295.

One day.

Some day.

Soon.

3 comments:

  1. I might be able to help out with that Pinnacle card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the Pinnacle if buddha doesn't

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias gentlemen!

    Mark, you mentioned before about being interested in some of my Trade Bait, so I'll hit you up soon.

    Ron, if Mark doesn't the Manny I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete