Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hidden In My Collection: 1997 Topps Finest Refractor Mark McGwire Warriors Promotional

I was looking through what I have set aside for trades, hoping to find a few cool cards to offer up to another blogger in a trade we were working on. I saw that he liked Mark McGwire inserts, and I remembered I had a cool promotional card he might like. I grabbed it amongst a group to offer up, and scanned 'em. I was curious exactly what the card was, so I checked out COMC.


I found out that there is a regular and refractor version of the card you see above, a 1997 Topps Finest McGwire Warriors insert. I quickly grabbed it and flipped it over. Much to my delight, it was the refractor version, which books for thirty bucks. It is denoted as such in the bottom right of the card in the tiny white box outlined in black.


What really makes me happy about this is that I grabbed it with a huge lot of cards from a collectibles shop near me that I frequented much more often as a young lad. This was my first time back in the shop in forever (the trip was about four months or so ago) and I basically just grabbed a bunch of Piazzas and some other randomness that looked moderately appealing. The Big Mac was part of that randomness. It probably ran me a quarter, maybe two, and at the most three.

The card has been traded to that blogger, The Diamond King. Enjoy Kevin!

By the way, I have no idea who was the first to come up with the hidden in my collection idea, but kudos. I hope you don't mind me borrowing your creation.

Oh, and I should probably hit up this collectibles shop again. Who knows what I might find.

Some more awesome stuff, I would hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment