Friday, June 22, 2012

LeBron James Leads The Miami Heat To The NBA Championship, Gets His Ring, Wins Finals' MVP.

I'm a big LeBron fan, and have been for some time, so I'm thrilled to see his legendary playoff performance end as it should, with his first NBA Championship Ring and the NBA Finals MVP Trophy. Many thanks to Charles for the absolutely stunning beaut below, which I acquired in a trade long ago, as it's by far the centerpiece of my modest King James Collection.


Props to the Heat and Thunder for an exciting Finals, and major props to Mike Miller for his unconscious long-range shooting from behind the arc in the clinching Game 5.


I made it a point to watch every Heat game this postseason, and it's by far the most basketball I've watched in my entire life. Basketball has always been my fourth favorite sport, but going forward I could see myself taking in more games, especially those that feature the league's best player.

Eat it, Skip Bayless. Oh, and major FTW moment, as Blogger suggests Bayless should actually be spelled "Baseless."

5 comments:

  1. I'm right with you, man. I watched as much of the playoffs as possible...the first time I've ever made it a point to sit and watch that many games. I thoroughly enjoyed it and seeing James get the trophy was just icing on the cake. I may even have to bust out my James Cavaliers jersey at some point this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lifetimetopps.wordpress.comJune 22, 2012 at 10:38 AM

    I'm really happy he won. I'm sick of people disparaging him. It's ok not to root for someone - but he's been held to a higher standard than anyone in any sport ever has before.

    Why was Kobe viewed as clutch when he had disappearing moments (see 2006 round 1 game 7 - 3 shots in the 2nd half), when Lebron was viewed as disappearing in the big moments?

    Reality is - they both have come up big and they boht have come up small at various points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no issue with LeBron.

    But that's because basketball is a non-entity to me. It's like asking me which Kardashian dresses the best. I don't know. I don't care.

    A lot of sound and fury signifying nothing. Or however that quote goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Greg. I could care less about his performance(s). It's just the way he goes about things. Just the same guy, but now with a ring. Skip Bayless IS a total tool though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lifetime- I remember that game against the Suns well, I was stunned he played so poorly. I don't even really believe in the whole "he quit" mindset, but that's one of the few times I've ever though that to be true.

    Owl- It's Kim. Big backside makes her the best at everything out of al of them.

    Arno- I've never thought he went about things badly. Kobe's been way worse in terms of his behavior.

    ReplyDelete