Thursday, August 9, 2012

Where's The Beef? It's In My Ryan Getzlaf PC (Dominion FTW, Eh).

I've been hitting my Getzlaf PC especially hard this year because I don't want to make the same mistake I did with my Kemp Collection. I should have been capitalizing on Matty's down year by picking up cards on the cheap, but I wasn't really collecting until halfway through that year, and the thought never crossed my mind. With Getz's down year and just about the entire team underachieving, I want to take advantage of this opportunity. Beyond those awesome Getzlaf Dominion autos I managed to pick up, I also scored some sweet, oh so sweet patches - from my good friend eBay - in my quest to grab as many Captain Getz Dominion hits as I can possibly acquire. Here's the first pickup.


A sweet and swell Sapphire Parallel Patch, numbered 09/10 (dirty penny sleeve be damned). I picked this up in a lot of two for the price of a blaster six or so months ago (maybe even as long ago as late 2011). That second card will make an appearance at some point in the near future in a post of its own. I find it odd that both the /10 patches and /25 patches are Sapphire parallels, but I'm sure one is technically "dark blue" or some nonsense like that. I'm calling them both Sapphire unless corrected.


Oh, and a while ago I came across a pair of the most insane Getzlaf collections I've ever seen. I love my Getz PC, and I'm extremely proud of the recent additions I've been able to land (a number of which remain on my desk, waiting to be scanned, written into witty posts, and shared with all of you), but these two collections pretty much put mine somewhat to shame.

Interestingly, neither of the two above photobuckets feature Getz Dominion cards aside from two cards in one of them, perhaps because I've been snatching a ton of them up. So I have that going for me. And the craziest aspect is that the owner of the second linked PC has sold or traded away a huge amount of great Getzlaf cards as well. I've dealt a few times with the owner of that first linked Getz collection; he's a great guy who has helped me add to my Getzlaf Collection multiple times, and we have a deal in the works presently.

No comments:

Post a Comment